The Antioch Baptist Church was founded in 1818, and is the second oldest church in Montgomery County. James McLemore and his brothers moved to the Mount Meigs area from Jones County, Georgia, and he immediately started the new congregation at Antioch. The original location is just north of Interstate 85, but today only the old cemetery remains on that site. The congregation moved to a new site adjacent to the Peoples Village School in 1919. That building has been expanded and renovated numerous times over the years, and is still the congregation's home today. The next set of photos show the church building and its historical marker, as well a map showing the church's location.
The next two photos show the Old Antioch Cemetery, and the final map show its location.